Welcome to Te Kura Waenganui o Tokoroa
A message from the principal
Kia ora, kia orana, Talofa lava, Malo e lelei, Greetings
Intermediate school is an important stage of education focusing on the specific needs of 10 - 13 year old students. Programmes and teaching strategies are specially tailored to cater for the academic, social and physical development of emerging adolescents. I am committed to helping each and every one of you to have a positive, empowering experience during your time at Tokoroa Intermediate School.
It is our endeavour at Tokoroa Intermediate, to ensure to the best of our ability, that all students are making good progress in all curriculum areas. At the request of the community, the school is targeting literacy and numeracy as learning areas needing special attention. Timetabling hours, additional staffing, resources and Professional Development have been focussed on to achieve this.
The school takes pride in promoting academic achievement. We also believe that it is important for students to be given opportunities to experience and excel in sporting, cultural and leadership activities. We encourage all students to make the most of the opportunities that the Intermediate provides in these areas.
If young people are to achieve to their potential it is essential that they are supported from the home - it is a shared responsibility between the child, the home and the school. Please feel free to make the time to discuss this with staff to ensure we are working together as a partnership to achieve the best for your child.
When students move on from Tokoroa Intermediate we expect that they will have:
• Acquired the academic skills, knowledge and attitude to succeed in their secondary schooling.
• Become self-motivated to achieve to the best of their ability.
• Developed the social skills to interact successfully with all groups in the community.
• The confidence and self-esteem to make the most of their personal attributes.
• Developed pride in the school and their personal achievements.
• Made the most of the opportunities available to them.
• Enjoyed a positive, happy, challenging experience.
Suzanne Mariassoucé, Principal